HuskyBuy Catalog Orders
Use for any purchase in the HuskyBuy Shop Catalogs section. This includes but is not limited to Dell, Grainger, Office Depot, etc.
- In HuskyBuy select the vendor and shop for the items needed
- When done shopping checkout and send items to cart
- Add commodity code (click here for a list of common codes, you can also use the search function in HuskyBuy)
- Review order and assign cart to Ross Hoel until and unless specifically directed to assign to someone else
- When placing catalog orders you will not receive email notifications from the business office
- Click here to see how to track the status of catalog orders
Non-catalog and Central Stores orders
For all orders where the vendor is NOT in the HuskyBuy catalog, and for Central Stores orders.
- Fill out Order Request Form and send with quote to purchasing email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If ordering software please fill out the Software Survey and include it with order form & quote
- When placing non-catalog orders you will continue to receive email notifications from the business office
Processing Timelines and Requirements
- under $10K generally take 10-15 business days to process a purchase order
- over $10K generally take 25 business days to process a purchase order
- over $100K may require additional approvals which will increase processing time
Terms & Conditions or SOW- Any order regardless of amount that contains Terms & Conditions or and SOW is required to be reviewed by UConn’s Attorney General’s office. This will increase the processing time of the order by at least 60-90 days. Please plan accordingly.
- Purchases under $10K do not generally require a contract
- Purchases $10K – $50K for contracted and non-contracted vendors with University-wide annual spending between $10K and $50K. In a contracted order, the contract must appear on the quote. In a non-contracted order, three quotes are required, or if applicable you may use a sole source justification form. Sole Source Definition – there is a unique service that only your listed vendor can provide; it’s proprietary to the vendor or there is a specific justifiable business reason for choosing one vendor over others. Requirements: Quote(s) with Contract number listed (if applicable), and or sole Source
- Purchases over $50K require a contract number, or they may be subject to the RFP process (see note below). Requirements: Quote(s) with contract number listed, CIO approval
NOTE: An RFP is a formal bid process whereby the University solicits competitive bids for items or services in the event a contract is not available. This is a lengthy multi-month process. Purchasing turnaround time can be quite lengthy on orders of $50K due to contract creation, review, AG’s approvals & BOT approval. If an order goes out to bid, the process may take 9-12 months or longer. Please plan accordingly.
Changes for/on existing POs
Requirements: Need existing PO number, full list of changes, and the associated quote with effective date of change on quote. If discontinuing service (maintenance, license, etc), please indicate term date
Shipment of Packages
Shipment of Packages 110617
Required Attachments: A quote that lists the contract number with a breakdown of labor and materials. We prefer multiple vendor quotes that are listed on an associated contract (see ITS Contract link and State Contract link).